Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Evening of Excellence

Ashley-practicing her piano song to play at Evening of Excellence
Isn't she beautiful?

I can't believe my little girl is growing up. She's in Young Women's and was so excited to be a part of this special evening at church. She turned 12 last June and got to set a goal to present at this event. She worked VERY hard on her piano piece "Mussett in D Minor" by Bach.

All the girls were asked to wear a fancy dress-either borrowed or purchased at Desseret Industries. It was very hard to find something that is modest! I definately do NOT look forward to prom! I got her all ready...isn't she a princess?

That night, they talked our Bishop talked about the beauty that is found everywhere this time of year (fall). But, he also added that the beauty of fall doesn't even compare to the beauty that he saw before him in the YW that night. They were all modest and were truly Daughters of God.

It's a hard thing for youth to stand up for something today. But, Ashley knows who she is, knows her family loves her and has such a strong radiant testimony. I'm lucky to have her for a daughter.

No comments: