Saturday, April 21, 2012

1-2012 ZULLA’S NEW HOME

After much research, we found a Whippet Rescue in Portland, OR.  The woman who helped us thru this process promised us that she would find a good home for her, without children and other whippets to run and play with.  We found out that the breeder who we purchased her from, abuses her animals and many of her whippets have been rescued.  Zulla was always very skitterish around everyone except me.  She was my shadow and loved to be near me.  I believe, after much research, that her abuser was a male. 

I needed peace of mind and heart to know where she would be living.  I got a phone call from the rescuer, and she told me she found a woman who had two other whippets, no children and 5 acres for her to run and play on.  Even though it’s hard not having her by my side, I am happy to know that she is loved and having fun! 

photo (3)

~Zulla with her new family, on the quilt I made for her~

1 comment:

Kari-Lynn said...

I'm sorry you had to give her away but I'm sure she will be happy with some friends. P.S. I'm sure she will love your quilt too...you make amazing quilts...we still use the one you made for Carter!!!