Monday, December 30, 2013

11/24/13 THANKSGIVING FEAST IN VANCOUVER

 We decided to go to Everett to spend Thanksgiving with the Pedigo’s.  However…I LOVE TO COOK!  So-we decided we needed to eat lots of Thanksgiving this year!  It was DIVINE!  Jeff smoked the turkey I brined on his new smoker and we all decided this was THE ONLY WAY to cook turkey for as long as we live!  The rolls were heavenly, sweet potatoes were fabulous and the pie…was awful!  Round two was a disaster…Thomas’ favorite part of Thanksgiving is the pumpkin pie…his eyes were gleaming and his mouth was watering.  Ashley took a huge bite and then spit it out promptly announcing that I had forgotten the sugar!  UGH!!!!!  What’s even funnier is that when Grandma Pedigo made this for Thomas on Thanksgiving, SHE forgot the sugar too!  Pumpkin pie was NOT meant to be this year!!!

182

183

184

185

187

188

Jeff is our hero!  THE BEST TURKEY SMOKER EVER!!!

After dinner (thankfully before dessert) our kids announced that they were ALWAYS coming home for Thanksgiving dinner-no matter what!  I’ll take that any day!!!

No comments: